ZEPARI has supported short-term and long-term training. To date, ZEPARI has sponsored 25 officers drawn from the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development, Zimbabwe Revenue Authority; President’s Office and Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe to pursue part time MSc Programme in Economics at the University of Zimbabwe.
ZEPARI also sponsored two staff development fellows from the University of Zimbabwe’s Economics Department to pursue PhD studies at the University of Cape Town and they graduated in June 2010 and December 2012 respectively. Four other senior economists from the Ministry of Finance and Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe were also funded to undertake PhD studies in Economics at South African Universities.
In addition to the above long-term programmes, ZEPARI runs a series of short-term courses to fulfill its mandate of building sustainable capacity for economic policy research and analysis. Some of the short-term courses include:
- Engendering National Budgets (funded by the UNDP under the GEPMI programme).
- Economic Management and Policy Analysis training, including a course on Financial Programming
- Trade Law and Policy for Zimbabwe’s Regional Trade Agenda,
- Macroeconomic Forecasting, and Training Government Officials on various economic related issues through regional bodies like ESAMI and TRAPCA
- Advanced Excel (Funded by USAID-SERA Program)
- DSGE Modelling: Introduction and Advanced DSGE