The Zimbabwe Economic Policy Analysis and Research Institute (ZEPARI) is an autonomous economic policy analysis and research think tank established in the year 2003 by a Deed of Trust. ZEPARI's primary mission is to conduct needs based and contextually relevant applied economic policy analysis, research and capacity building activities to promote a culture of evidence based policy making and implementation processes in Zimbabwe, and to provide information to the investing public.
To become the leading centre of excellence in economic policy research and analysis in Zimbabwe.
To undertake customer driven research and capacity building activities to promote a culture of evidence based policy making and implementation processes in Zimbabwe.
- To build research capacity for economic policy analysis and management
- To produce first rate and well-articulated applied economic policy research and analysis to inform government policy decisions in accordance with priorities and targets set by the government and the private sector
- To diffuse high quality research and policy analysis relevant to current and medium term economic policy issues in Zimbabwe
- To build capacity within Government to utilize economic policy research and analysis on a sustainable basis
- To assist the country to seize development opportunities and contributing to its emergence as a knowledge based economy
- To provide tailor made short and long term training in Economic Policy Management to Government economists in ministries dealing with economic issues.
- To network with other policy analysis and research institutions
- To serve as a platform for collating best practices for national economic management, thus emerging as a gateway for sharing knowledge in applied economic policy research and analysis.
The ZEPARI logo is an Eagle. As it scans the terrain perched discreetly and majestically, its keen calculating eye focuses and magnifies its target. It has incredible patience, its poise sturdy, unwavering in its pursuit. The goal has been set. Its revering presence never goes unnoticed, and as adrenalin courses through the powerful mechanism that is the true essence of potential and strength, it soars, swoops and conquers with amazing stamina and grace. Triumphant it stands ready for yet another challenge. This is the Eagle.
ZEPARI’s identity is symbolic of the above description. Having used the Eagle itself as the central icon, it connotes not the predator but represents the skilled, tactful achiever. The Eagle is famous for its amazing eyesight hence its attention to detail. It is also able to fly at great altitudes as its scouts for prey and comb through vast terrain singling out is target with astounding precision. The analogy of these characteristics can be identified with ZEPARI as we strive to focus and achieve our goals in the area of economic policy research and analysis. The flying Eagle depicts an organization which strives to cover as much ground as possible in order to come up with well-founded and robust results. The colour gold has been used to emphasize economic wealth whilst the blue represents authority and security of an established corporate organization